Germany / Stockport
£16.45 per hour
Our client, who has a reputation for working closely with the military has over a century of engineering excellence and innovation, they are now looking to add a Welder to their team, with the first 6 months you will be working at their sister company in Germany, returning to Stockport in this permanent role.
You will be expected to read and understand drawings to assemble part components in jigs and fixtures
Main tasks of job:
- To comply with the Environmental, Health and Safety Policy and identify health and safety hazards prior to the commencement of work
- To report via approved Maintenance Reporting Procedures any equipment fault or unusual occurrence.
- To weld using Mig / MAG / TIG welding processes on Armour plates
- To use drawings, planning fabrication and weld procedures to complete all tasks and ensure through visual inspection that the welded finished component conforms to the drawing and planning specification and is in line with the European specification
- To use hand tools and the appropriate measuring instruments to the task.
- To complete European re-qualification of welder approval tests on a regular basis.
- To ensure their personal safety and the safety of all other employees is not compromised by their actions and to apply all applicable safety requirements to comply with the regulatory agencies.
- To meet deadlines, be flexible, dependable and time conscious and to work with minimum supervision.
- To maintain a clean and orderly work (5S) area as required.
- To conduct daily duties in a highly professional manner.at all times
Whilst in Germany for 6 months - the info is as follows:
- Germany rate of £18.11 per hour
- Daily allowance of 20 Euros for subsistence
- Accommodation provided
- Monthly flight
- Working hours shall be 35 working hours and 5 days per week:
- Early Shift: Monday to Friday 06:00 to 13:45, 1st break: 09:00 - 09:15, 2nd break: 11:45 - 12:15 and
- Late Shift: Monday to Friday 14:00 to 21:45, 1st break: 17:00 - 17:30, 2nd break: 19:45 - 20:00
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.