Heavy Plant Fitter
£34,000 to £40,000
Our client provides professionally managed services to the rail, road and construction industries across the UK and are currently looking to recruit RRV/Heavy Plant Fitters to their existing team.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Undertake the correct and regular maintenance and calibration of all equipment in accordance with instructions
- Undertake maintenance of hire fleet vehicles as qualified and directed
- Provide details of engine hours worked information for each item of plant
- Undertake routine testing of safety-critical systems and equipment as directed
- Undertake annual inspection of plant equipment without a lifting capability to meet statutory requirements
- Maintain comprehensive records, both electronically and in hard copy, for each vehicle and item of plant and equipment to demonstrate the performance of all pre-hire checks, routine servicing, statutory inspection, and breakdown repair
- Maintain and inspect lifting accessories to the required standard
- Report any defect in vehicles and plant and monitor safety performance
- to suggest suitable modifications to any track plant that may enhance its performance or capabilities
All applicants must:
- Have heavy plant experience, preferably with RRV’s
- Have good mechanical engineering skills
- Be a qualified or time-served diesel fitter
- Be responsible and accountable
- Be methodical and have good attention to detail
- Be a good team player with a can-do attitude
- Be Polite, customer focused and have the desire to do a good job every day
- Hold a current driving licence
- Be physically fit
- Hold the PTS competence
The ability to operate machines and attachments and have an awareness of the rules, regulations and requirements that are pertinent to plant and equipment used on the railway would be an advantage.
- Overtime is available.
- Retail discount portal access,
- Life and Accident insurance,
- Childcare vouchers.
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.