Health & Safety Advisor
£30,000 to £38,000
Our client, a well-established and respected Health & Safety consultancy specialising in Construction Health & Safety for the Leisure and Retail sector is currently undergoing expansion.
They are looking for a Safety Adviser to join their team
The candidate will be provided with a good salary and company car with fuel card.
Safety Adviser responsibilities to include:
- Providing support and advice on all aspects of construction health and safety to Clients.
- Undertaking site safety inspections at various Client premises, (it may be necessary to complete site inspections both day and occasionally at night).
- Provide H&S advice and support to all members of the Clients’ construction team.
- When fulfilling the role of CDM Consultant, provide H&S advice and support to the Principal Designer, when requested complete Principal Designer’s duties on their behalf.
- Complete H&S competence appraisals of contractors and consultants on behalf of the Client.
- Review and advise on Construction Phase Plans and similar documentation submitted by Contractors.
- Using our CDM portals, review and advise on Small Works Construction Phase Plans submitted by Contractors.
- Investigate accidents and produce appropriate reports.
Minimum qualification NEBOSH Construction Certificate and desirable but not essential a Construction Qualification (Degree, Diploma, ETC); Construction Management/Trade/Professional Qualification
Desirable skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Sound understanding of construction health and safety issues and an in-depth knowledge of Health and Safety legislation supported by formal qualifications.
- Demonstrate experience of working in an advisory or consultancy capacity in Health & Safety.
- Have a practical and hands-on approach to Health and Safety, possibly with a site-based background.
- Have experience of construction in a management or professional role.
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.