Community Programs Coordinator
Our Client is a registered Charity and a member of Together Housing Group. They work with communities to build better futures together.
They have an excellent opportunity for someone to coordinate the Employment & Skills and Youth & Community Work programmes Wakefield and Calderdale, leading and motivating the team to deliver a range of fantastic projects.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Effective leadership and management of project teams supporting people with multiple barriers to access support & help, and achieve their personal goals
- Proven ability to work with Managers, coordinators and cross functional teams to ensure that there is a consistent, integrated offer developed and maintained
- Sound contract/funding management ensuring funding obligations and targets are met or exceeded
- Strong relationships with partner agencies and contractors, with a view to developing joint activities and securing additional income.
- Partnership working with local agencies
- Working in the third sector
Your current experience, skills and knowledge should consist of:
- Engaging with & supporting people with multiple needs and breaking down barriers to work
- Good understanding of the challenges associated with poverty, unemployment, debt and mental health & wellbeing
- Experience of networking and partnership working and development, within the statutory, voluntary and private sectors
- Knowledge of national as well as local programmes relating to community support and employability.
- Knowledge of policies and legislation relating to young people and vulnerable adults
- A quality driven approach
- Knowledge and experience of Safeguarding and managing safeguarding referrals across both adults and young people
This role is subject to a full enhanced DBS check
A full driving licence is required with access to a car, as travel across West Yorkshire is an essential part of the role.