£35,000 to £37,000
Our client provides professionally managed services to the rail, road and construction industries across the UK and are currently looking for an Engineer Surveyor (Mobile Plant)
Summary Job Description
Working across the group of companies to ensure compliance against current statutory, regulatory and industry standards, improving health, safety, and operating performance.
Operating independently to the company maintenance and operational teams but providing a professional service in line with the company testing and compliance regime both within the depot location and/or on site.
The Engineer Surveyor is responsible for:
- Adhering to the Company Policies and Procedures as set out in the Company Handbook including, but not exclusively, in relation to health, safety and emergency procedures.
- Always comply with the core values of the business with regards to Health and Safety conducting high quality and consistent inspections ensuring various lifting equipment (Excavators, MEWPS, HIAB, Cranes, FLT’s and loose lifting tackle) is compliant with current regulatory and statutory requirements (LOLER & PUWER).
- Ensuring that the rated capacity indicator systems are operating correctly and functioning accurately.
- Producing and delivering inspection reports in accordance with company operating procedures and our documented management system.
- Providing professional support and guidance on changes in relevant standards and legislation that may impact on the maintenance and operational teams.
- Ensuring all risk assessments pertaining to tasks and activities undertaken are fully understood and signed for. Any one off or ad hoc activities will have a Dynamic Risk Assessment or Point of Work Risk assessments undertaken.
- Attending regular Safety briefings and updates, ensuring a full understanding of the context and what is required thereafter
- Participating in drug and alcohol screening when required (this may be either “random” or “with cause” following an incident)
- Reporting any plant or vehicle defects whilst continually monitoring safety performance
- Reporting any accident, incident, unsafe act, omission or near miss in a timely manner and co-operating fully with any subsequent investigation thereafter
- Using the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) in accordance with the instructions and training provided, reporting any loss or damage to line management immediately
- Refusing to undertake work that is deemed as unsafe, or that compromises others
- Acknowledging receipt of all Safety briefs and Safety updates, as issued electronically via QUEST
- Notifying your line manager of any incident(s) that may impact on the status of your driving licence
- Attending all training and development organised for you in relation to the work you undertake
- Ensuring all personal details, next of kin and holiday requests are kept up to date on QUEST
- Following the company absence reporting procedures and participating in any subsequent return to work interviews
- Notifying your line manager of any changes to your health or in prescribed medication taken
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested from time to time.
Essential Skills Experience & Training
- Minimum NVQ Level 3, HNC, HND or equivalent mechanical engineering qualification or a recognised LOLER certification
- RCI experience ideally on GKD and/or Prolec.
- Ability to manage your own workload, be self-disciplined and use your initiative to maximise delivery to the business.
- Minimum three to five years’ relevant industry experience working with cranes, lifting equipment, material handling equipment, mobile platforms, scissor lifts etc.
- Excellent IT skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships
- Current UK driving licence
- Flexibility as there may be a requirement to stay overnight dependent on workload and location
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.