£40,000 - £45,000
Position: Workshop Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: £40-45k dependent on experience and qualifications.
Holiday: 25 days plus 8 bank holidays.
Hours: Mon-Fri, 40hrs – Overtime available. Working hours flexible on agreement.
Our client is a waste management and recycling business that has recently acquired by Coventry City Council. The business now requires an experienced Workshop Manager to join the team. Would consider an experienced fitter with a strong understanding in HGV vehicles, trailers, heavy plant machinery, ranging from JCB Shovel Loaders, Grabs, shredders or similar.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career progression and keen to make one of the most important roles in the business their own by implementing systems, processes, and procedures to maximise efficiency and reduce current downtime rates. You will have the support of HGV Fitters, Plant Fitters, a Fabrication area, a Material Handler as well as an administration clerk to assist, so leadership skills are required to be of a high calibre.
Reporting directly to the Fleet and Plant Engineering Manager your duties will include but are not limited to:
- 6 weekly vehicle inspection completion and the legislative paperwork reflects outcomes.
- Ensuring all vehicles are fit to attend MOT inspections.
- Monitoring roadworthiness and regulatory compliance always.
- Enforcing and reviewing preventative maintenance activities on plant equipment.
- Controlling of stores, reducing waste and unnecessary holdings. Ensure cost effective methods of replacing parts.
- Motivate and lead workshop staff ensuring individual responsibilities are completed.
- Identify skills gaps and address as appropriate.
- Follow and impose H&S regulations for a workshop environment.
- Triage of repairs for VOR and routine repairs in the most efficient way.
- Ensure closure of job cards, tracking labour times and cost per vehicle.
- Manage and updated daily VOR status trackers to keep stakeholders informed of availability.
Qualifications and experience:
- Must have a formal qualification for working on HGV and/or Plant (NVQ3 minimum). Ideally both but not essential.
- Must be IT literate. Able to use Excel spreadsheets and create word documents.
- Flexible and adaptable to changes in a demanding environment.
- Be able to prioritise according to workloads and react to changes in priorities based on customer needs.
- Experience in H&S fundamentals such as Risk and COSHH assessments, PUWERS, etc.
- Experience of service and workshop procedures.
- Full car licence. Class 2 or better is ideal but training will be given if this is a gap in skills.
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.