Our client provides services to the Energy industry on a truly global basis.
They are looking for Workshop technicians to expand the department’s capabilities and skill set and raise the company’s presence within the industry through supporting the engineering functions associated with the development and subsequent manufacture, build and commissioning of highly automated specialist equipment.
- Build of highly automated specialist equipment used to apply pipeline coatings including insulation machines, automated heating and coating machines, infra red heaters, grit blasting machines and other automated pieces of equipment.
- Refurbishment and fault finding of equipment returned from site implementing design upgrades and improvements to ensure the fleet of equipment remains cutting edge.
- On occasion, attend company or client’s facilities in UK or overseas to assist with and co-ordinate installation, refurbishment and de-mobilisation of equipment, when appropriate.
- Be involved with projects from the concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and handover to our field teams.
- Have a passion for ‘World Class’ housekeeping standards.
- To comply with Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, policies and objectives.
Preferred Work Experience Required:
- Experience in Mechanical engineering including fitting, from bench assembly to complete machine builds.
- Previous experience and a good understanding of Pneumatic systems
- Experience with installation and commissioning of hydraulic pipework and systems.
- Previous Fabrication experience including welding
- A knowledge of electrical systems and understanding of PLC’s including machine wiring.
- All round machining skills.
- Able to work alongside design engineers in a development environment
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Solid all-round Engineering knowledge base
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining attention to detail and ensuring high standards are maintained.
- Good timekeeping skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage your time efficiently
- Able to read and understand design specifications and technical drawings
- Flexible approach to work
- Able to work as part of a team or alone unsupervised.
- Good communication skills at all levels of the business
- Passionate about building world class equipment
- Comply with Health & Safety Regulations
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.