£35000.00 - £38000.00
Our long established client who has long standing contracts with the MOD are looking to add a welding technician to their team.
To support the welding coordination team in enhancing the welding quality management system (WQMS). Setting standards by helping develop WPS and ensuring welder training requirements/qualifications are maintained. Providing proactive support and guidance to the manufacturing teams to assure the welding standards are adhered to.
- Report to and support the welding co-ordinator with day to day welding activities
- Assist with internal welder audits and the audit functions.
- Help identify root causes of weld issues and internal weld audit NCRs.
- Support and implement changes driven by welder audit NCRs.
- Assist with the development of WSP/WPS as required for new product intake (NPI) and legacy programmes.
- Assist with the planning and preparation of weld joints for welding procedure quality records (WPQRs). as required for new product intake (NPI) and legacy programmes
- Monitor WPS as instructed by the welding co-ordinator to ensure correct correlation of essential variables.
- Support the ISO 3834 management system.
- Assist with the development of welder qualification testing to the required standard.
- Provide proactive support and guidance to welders.
- Support production engineering where welding changes are required.
- Support the business to ensure correct welding plant selection.
- Assist / implement change with legacy programmes to ensure product quality is maintained whilst identifying areas to improve
- To carry out welding fabrication inspections
- Comply at all times with the Company’s Environmental, Health and Safety Policies
Qualifications & Education
- Registration with the welding institute (TWI) preferred
- CSWIP 3.0 qualified ESSENTIAL
- EWS qualified or willing to progress to this level preferred
- 5 years experience in a similar role preferred
- Good knowledge and understanding of multiple welding processes, MIG/MAG(SMAW) TIG(GTAW)
- Understanding of technical documents inc drawings
- General computer skills (MS Office)
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.