Transport Team Manager
£30,000 - £32,000
Transport Team Manager required for this well known FMCG business with sites across the UK.
Shift: Sunday – Thursday Time: 8pm – 6am
Primarily a Sunday to Thursday shift pattern with weekend cover as and when required. This position reports to the Transport Shift Manager; managing and responsible for all night activities within the Bicester transport function. Ensuring all costs are in line with the budgetary requirements and ensure we deliver first class customer service in an extremely fast paced transport environment.
Leading a team of 3 front desk staff, Transport support roles and 60+ drivers and driver mates. Acting as the lead person in creating the correct environment for our colleagues and ensuring the department is fully compliant and people are led in the right way.
- Ensuring the site compliance is up to date and legal records are up to date at all times including agency drivers through effective use of the Smart analysis system.
- Meeting the businesses expectations in regards to the timely despatches of route vehicles and trunks.
- Agreeing staff shift rota patterns for a 7-day operation providing cover when required.
- When and where route change requirements are needed they are done in a way which is the most efficient or relevant to meeting the business needs.
- Update systems as required.
- Compiling and completing business required KPI’s and management reporting tools.
- Empowering, developing and supporting the team to develop and grow through training and providing opportunities to own and take responsibility for specific tasks.
- CPC qualified (Desirable)
- Previous experience of working in a similar fast paced environment (Foodservice, Distribution, Retail, 3PL)
- Experience of managing a team.
- Clear communication skills at all levels. i.e management and driver briefings
- Knowledge of tachograph systems
- Proven leadership skills
- Resilient; ability to work under pressure & make effect decisions
- Cost and service focussed
- Ensure operation is run in line with Transport Compliance.
- Required level of flexibility for shift cover when required; holidays & sickness
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.