£35,000 - £37,000
- Are you a Team Leader who thrives when helping operators grow and develop, and are constantly looking for coachable moments to upskill them?
- Do you love solving problems and want to go beyond just fixing them - identifying root causes, finding optimal solutions, and implementing process improvements to prevent future issues?
- Are you driven by a need to exceed your customers, your team, and your company expectations?
- Can you push your team to deliver the highest quality products and solutions in a timely manner and still have their esteem?
- Do you thrive in leveraging the talent of your team to consistently increase performance and productivity?
- Do you flourish when you can make decisions and own its consequences?
- Are you a person who has a natural authority to get things done and who actively deals with poor behaviours or performance?
Our Aerospace client is a global business with facilities in 13 countries and is looking to add to their team.
The Team Leader is accountable for achieving the People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cash and Cost (PSQDCC) targets through the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean Operating Model.
- Create and sustain a culture that is aligned to the “Great Place to Work” value drivers and Culture Principles by role-modelling behaviours, motivating, encouraging and recognising the contribution of Team Members.
- Hold Team Members and fellow Team Leaders accountable to embody the culture principles
- Be Open and Honest when appraising and managing individuals’ performance whilst supporting and coaching individuals to close performance gaps
- Provide opportunities for Team Members to play to their strengths; do what they do best and create on-going opportunities for learning and personal development
- Exemplifying a safety-first mindset and ensuring that the Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards are applied and that their assigned areas are a model of a world class healthy and safe working environment
- Leading and developing their teams to understand the context, mechanics, and the delivery of PSQDCC targets to meet customer and stakeholder commitments
- Driving the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean Operating Model (LOM) across their assigned areas
- Developing first-class Team Members who embody the culture principles and are readily able to progress to become Team Leaders or take other roles in the business
- Active involvement in problem solving and the management system using a ‘Go to Gemba’ approach to solve problems with the ambition that 95% of issues can be solved within the zone itself
- Able to demonstrate competence to undertake key tasks within their designated work zone or those in zones within similar processes
- Excellent performance as a Team member, demonstrating rigorous adherence to standardised work, and a track record of Kaizen implementation
- Self-motivated by meeting and exceeding PSQDCC performance targets
- The demonstrated ability to work with various stakeholders
- Demonstrated potential to lead, engage, train, and develop direct reports
- An effective communicator and an influential team member
- Qualifications in an Engineering or Science discipline
- Good standard of English language
- Experience working with a Lean Operating Model / Production System
- Lean or Six Sigma certification by a reputable certifying body or benchmark company
- Aerospace supply chain experience
- A passion for the Aerospace industry