Senior Community Employment Advisor
Our client is a registered Charity and a member of Together Housing Group. They work with communities to build better futures together. Commercial profits, social investment and external grant funding are invested into projects that bring people together and change lives. The team is committed to supporting people into jobs and training opportunities, connecting with young people and families, creating memorable outdoor experiences and providing health and wellbeing activities delivering professional community programmes to support individuals with volunteering, training and skills development.
Do you have experience of:
- Supporting people with multiple barriers to access support & help, and achieve their personal goals
- Working with people on a 121-basis providing mentoring support and information, advice & guidance
- Working across the age range of 16 – 65
- Partnership working with local agencies
- Working in the third sector
- Or have you managed staff who deliver these services and have experience managing project teams?
Do you have a good understanding of:
- Engaging with & supporting people with multiple needs and breaking down barriers to work
- The challenges associated with poverty, unemployment, debt and mental health & wellbeing
- Networking and partnership working and development, within the statutory, voluntary and private sectors?
The person for this role must be passionate in supporting people that are unemployed, specifically those affected by Covid, to address any barriers they currently have, preventing them from accessing or securing paid employment. Whether that be training and development or personal barriers linked to their current circumstances.
This is a multi-faceted role offering an exciting opportunity to support people with multiple barriers to gain, maintain and sustain paid employment. This position will suit a self-starter, who is able to use their own initiative, whilst also implementing evidence based employment methods. You must be a team player; demonstrating reliability, constructive communication and playing an active part in team meetings – working towards a common goal in supporting the people of Lancashire into employment and training.
The project aims to upskill and find gainful employment for all candidates. As part of this offer you will:-
- Oversee and secure sustained employment for our customers on Programme.
- Generate additional job opportunities.
- Run sector-based training academies.
- Support businesses in welcoming candidates who have been long-term unemployed.
- Line manage Employment Advisors, working together as part of the wider Employment & Skills People team.
This role is subject to a full enhanced DBS check
A full driving license is also required, along with access to your own vehicle insured for business purposes, with travel to our other offices throughout the North of England.
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.