PRODUCTION SHIFT SUPERVISOR
£30,000K - £33,000K
Our client, one of Europe’s largest and most trusted plastic card issuing partners, is looking to add a production Shift Supervisor to its’ team.
Main Purpose of Role:
- To ensure that all Health & Safety Regulations, Quality Standard Operating Procedures, Service Level Agreements and Statutory Regulations (including ISO & Visa / MasterCard) are adhered to at all times, whilst continually striving to improve and exceed the department’s business expertise.
- To maintain the culture of lean throughout the department.
- To improve machine efficiency and identify areas for process improvement.
- To insure the smooth running of the production environment.
- To ensure staff development through personal reviews, coaching and training initiatives.
- Develop, monitor and maintain a high level of quality management systems throughout the department.
Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities in order of priority:
- Adhere to all documented Company Quality System Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures when carrying out operational duties.
- Ensure the activities of the production environment meet with and integrate with the organisational requirement for Quality Management, Health & Safety, Legal Stipulations, Regulations, Environmental Policies, Objectives and General Duty of Care.
- Champion Lean principles throughout the teams and the department.
- Work closely with the other shift supervisors to develop a point of excellence, first-rate communication channels and the completion of weekly departmental targets.
- Supervise and motivate the team, which includes day to day task, job allocation, performance management, staffs level planning, conduct & capability and staff development.
- Ensure rotas are reviewed and discussed with the Manager, whilst ensuring that the setting and running of assigned machinery is completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Endeavour to improve/develop product quality, efficiencies and productivity wherever possible.
- Carry out first-off and job run inspection within the production environment. This must be completed on each line to ensure the product quality against the SLA
- Become a driver and champion for new initiatives.
- Verify that shop floor documentation is correctly filled in, collected and analysed against the departmental objectives.
- Managing section staff issues including temporary staffing requirements, holiday/sickness documentation, disciplinary & grievance, probationary reviews and performance reviews
- Multi processed production shift supervisor who can develop & drive lean methodologies, in line with the departmental targets.
- Work in line with the KPI’s and departmental strategies/objectives.
- Changed management implementation and sustainability.
- Ensuring goods and services are produced efficiently, and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost and level of quality.
- Effectively planning, scheduling, coordination and control the production processes.
- Daily management, development and motivation of employees.
- Regularly reviews of staff performance.
Working Hours Per Week: 40
Working pattern: Rotational 6-2/2-10
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.