Our client, who has a reputation for working closely with the military, has over a century of engineering excellence and innovation, they are now looking to add to their team.
You will be expected to read and understand engineering drawings and Weld Sequences to achieve the final component and ensure each component conforms to set Specifications as well as having Press Operator experience.
Main tasks of job:
- To comply with the Environmental, Health and Safety Policy and identify health and safety hazards prior to the commencement of work
- To report via approved Maintenance Reporting Procedures any equipment fault or unusual occurrence.
- To set components to achieve the drawing and planning specification.
- To calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and precision instruments.
- To work with written Work Instruction to ensure the final component conforms to the drawing and planning specification.
- To select appropriate tools, equipment and materials in preparation of fitting operation.
- To position and fasten / tack work pieces.
- To measure, examine, and visually inspect components to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications using precision instruments such as micro meters and verniers.
- To input their production tickets on to SAP on completion of their operations.
- To ensure their personal safety and the safety of all other employees is not compromised by their actions and to apply all applicable safety requirements to comply with the regulatory agencies.
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.