Portfolio / Programme / Projects Manager
Our Client offers outstanding technical support for the defence, aerospace and other technologically advanced industries. They were created in 2011 to show the world a new and better way to support complex UK defence technology needs. With their track-record of delivering on what they promise, and a focus on customer service, they are the premier providers of qualified and experienced expertise to their client base.
The Company was founded by an ex service man and today more than 80% of their 45 permanent and 100 associate consultants are service leavers. They also proudly hold the Armed Forces Employers’ Recognition Scheme Gold Award. Due to expanding business opportunities, they are increasing their number of permanent employees to enhance their profile within the Portfolio / Programme / Project Management (P3M) environment.
Purpose of Role. Deliver projects which could be multiple simple or single complex in nature. The role will lead projects across a range of business contexts aligning all P3M methodologies and actions to deliver customers’ required outcomes.
- Relative to experience; Responsible for leading, managing and developing multi-disciplinary teams covering a range of subject areas within multiple simple and single complex projects.
- Accountable for the delivery of assigned projects' outputs within the performance/cost/time envelope for multiple simple or complex single projects.
- Responsible for ensuring the most cost-effective and efficient means of delivery, whilst mitigating risk and leveraging opportunities.
- Support the customers’ Learning From Experience (LFE) processes to improve performance.
- Responsible for embedding and adhering to all stipulated governance and policies ensuring compliance throughout the project team whilst appropriately challenging process against proven best practice gaining approval to deviate when necessary.
- Regularly meet the customer to understanding the objectives, requirements and the means of acceptance in line with the applicable customer aims and resources.
- Lead the construction (through the Project Controls Function) of the Performance Measurement Baseline for the project.
Relevant Qualifications and Experience.
Level 2 - Successful completion of APM PMQ and / or PRINCE 2 Practitioner course. Some experience of working within a project delivery environment.
Level 3 – Successful completion of APM PMQ / PRINCE 2 Practitioner course. Demonstrable experience of successfully leading and managing a Project team using recognised P3M methodologies.
Person Specification. Our Client prides itself on living and not paying lip service to its values and standards. Service leavers are most often the people who understand this best. You will have:
- drive and energy
- strong communication and relationship-building skills
- influencing skills relative to experience
- effective problem-solving skills
- an adaptable mind which is open to change
- the ability to work individually and within both small and large teams
Level 2 - £33 – 40k(dependent upon demonstrable experience)
Level 3 - £40 – 50k (dependent upon demonstrable experience)
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.