Plant Services Assistant Manager
With an expansive fleet of modern plant and equipment, our client provides nationwide Operated and Self-Drive Plant Hire, Haulage and Transport Services to a variety of sectors within the construction arena.
They are currently looking for a Plant Services Assistant Manager
The role is split 70% workshops based, 30% office – supporting / improving fitters and assisting the manager
You will be maximising efficiency, quality, serviceability, and profitability in the depot. To Lead the workshop team ensuring a high level of work is maintained in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Ensuring distribution of work is done equally and efficiently to ensure product is available to meet hire requirements, breakdowns are dealt with promptly and preventative maintenance is carried out in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Evaluating work practices and implementing improvements aimed at minimising cost and maximising productivity.
- Ensuring all machine services/repairs are carried out in accordance with manufactures recommendations, whether on hire or in depot and all relevant paperwork are correctly completed. Maintaining services record files.
- Ensuring all plant returned from hire is carefully inspected to ensure all damages are recorded. Issuing site damages for authorisation and charging to customer. Ensuring customers are charged for all other services such as machine repairs / out of hour’s service contract charges etc.
- Ensuring there is adequate staff resource in place to always meet the company’s objectives, taking into consideration holiday and staff sickness.
- Ensuring new plant is tested before being booked into fleet in accordance with manufactures recommendations and records of such checks are maintained
- Ensuring the workshop and yard areas are maintained in tidy, clean and hazard free condition.
- Assisting the manager with the recruitment of staff, assisting the manager with staff appraisals, including discussing aspirations and assessing training needs. Reporting training needs and requesting training via Training & Development department. Monitoring absenteeism and accidents.