Plant Fitter, Coventry
Basic is 35K-40K
Our client is seeking plant fitters to start as soon as possible. 45hrs per week, Monday to Friday with overtime on offer daily and weekends. Core operational hours are between 0600 - 1700 with rotation to cover the operation within their contracted hours.
Shift 1: 0600 - 1600 (2 x 30-minute breaks)
Shift 2: 0700 – 1700 (2 x 30-minute breaks)
Alternating weekly between shift 1 and 2.
Carrying out plant preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance, servicing, inspections, defect repairs, breakdowns as well as any other work requested by the Workshop Manager. You must be able to demonstrate good communication skills and be able to understand instructions given by the workshop manager. You will be a diligent individual who perseveres to deliver only quality output and strive to complete tasks right first time.
- A qualification in a mechanical discipline.
- Experience working on fixed plant equipment such as conveyer belt systems, trommels, waste processing equipment and similar.
- Experience in the use of diagnostics equipment or the ability to learn.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Experience implementing preventative maintenance regimes.
- Must be able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Must have own tools – Air tools, torque wrenches etc provided. If not able to provide own tools the company is willing to do so at cost price and a monthly agreed amount for deduction from salary.
- Knowledge and experience of mobile plant equipment such as shovel loaders, grabs and excavators.
- Experience with vehicle or plant electrical systems.
- Competency in Mig welding
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.