£28,000 - £30,000
Our client, a national Plant Hire Company are looking to add a Plant Engineer to their team.
Purpose of Job
- To undertake the repair, inspection, renewal, and replacement of parts for plant and machinery in compliance with legislative and Company requirements.
- Upgrade/refurbishment of our own wide range of plant and equipment
- Undertake routine testing of safety-critical systems and equipment as directed
- Report and rectify any defect in plant and monitor safety performance
- To suggest suitable modifications to any plant and equipment that may enhance its performance or capabilities
- Attend the required safety briefings and ensure you understand the context and what is required of you
- Participate in drug and alcohol screening when required
- Ensure you follow all control measures outlined in any risk assessment relating to the work you do
- Report any accident, incident or near miss in which you are involved or which you witness and to fully cooperate with any subsequent investigation
- Always use the designated Personal Protective Equipment as directed and to maintain it in accordance with the instructions provided, reporting any loss or damage in the required manner
- Ensure that you refuse to work on the grounds of safety whenever you believe that you have been placed in an unsafe situation or are given instructions to undertake an unsafe operation.
- Other tasks and duties as may be required from time to time.
- Heavy plant experience
- Good mechanical engineering skills on plant or HGVs
- Responsible, methodical, and good attention to detail
- Good team player with a can-do attitude
- Physically fit
- RRV maintenance experience
- Ability to operate machines and attachments
- Awareness of the legislation, rules, regulations, and requirements pertinent to vehicles, plant, and equipment, especially that used on the railway