£30,000 - £40,000
£30,000 - £40,000
Our client is a leading criminal law firm based in London and is looking for an experienced Payroll Manager to join the team.
As the Payroll Manager there will be a lot of activity and mini projects, to get ready for the currently outsourced payroll to come back in house.
With close to 300 on payroll, you must be confident in taking the payroll back in house and dealing with all issues that this incurs.
The core responsibilities of the Payroll Team Manager will include:
- Ensuring that Payroll is processed on a weekly and monthly basis according to deadlines
- To analyse and investigate complex queries and discrepancies
- To liaise with both staff, consultants, and managers regarding discrepancies
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of the team
- Checking reports and analysis
- Monitoring KPIs
- Maintaining and ensuring all operating procedures to a high standard
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Proven experience within a Payroll position.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of UK payroll-related legislation and statutory requirements, including PAYE and other deductions and HMRC legislation.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to investigate and diagnose issues and make improvements.
- Good numeric and analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, ability to compare data, compile reports and reconcile concisely.
- Work well under pressure, with good attention to detail and excellent management of deadlines.
- A confident and effective communicator
Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.