Occupational Health Practitioner
£26,271 - £31,525
Our client in tandem with government and the broader employment support community across the UK is working hard to make sure they support as many individuals as possible to get and keep a job.
They are currently recruiting for Occupational Health Practitioners who will deliver holistic health assessments to our participants accessing their employability services, enabling them to access appropriate support which will improve their ability to gain employment through better self-management of their physical and/or mental health and wellbeing needs.
As an Occupational Health Practitioner, you will conduct health specific biopsychosocial assessments with participants remotely to identify specific health barriers for participants who are accessing our employability services to support them to find employment. You will manage your own caseload, deciding on priorities based on participant needs.
You will share your own knowledge and experience and contribute to programmes of learning, developing the professional knowledge and skills of other professionals within the Health Assessment Team and beyond in relation to clinical services and wellbeing issues.
- You will have an allied health or nursing background or an equivalent qualification in behavioural or health sciences, with a post-graduate qualification in occupational health, as recognised by an appropriate professional body:
- A physiotherapist, registered with HCPC
- An accredited Occupational Psychologist
- Nurse registered with NMC
- Post graduate studies in occupational health, employability or disability management
- Experience of working in a participant-focussed Occupational Health environment
- Knowledgeable in mental health and wellbeing with the ability to articulate in both clinical and employment-related contexts the role of employment in improving mental and emotional wellbeing
Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Contract type - Permanent
Total hours per week – 37.5
As well as helping to make a positive difference to people’s lives their employee benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays), with incremental increases post 3 years’ service up to 28 days, and the option to purchase additional holiday
- 2 days paid volunteering leave each year
- An enhanced pension scheme after 6 months
- Life Assurance at 3 times your annual salary rate
- Access to a suite of learning and development opportunities including paid for apprenticeship and masters’ levels qualifications, and management development programmes
- Opportunities to connect with our employee diversity networks (LGBTQ+ Support Network, Racial Equality Network, Disability Equality Network, Women’s Network)
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including internal support, employee assistance programme and health cash plan
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.