£30000.00 - £33000.00
Our client who has long standing MOD contracts are looking for an NDE Technician. The NDE Technician will complete MPI & PT tests and inspection of products at various stages of production process, with an emphasis on non-destructive testing. Sets up and operates Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) equipment.
- Ensuring the product quality of materials that are fabricated on the shop floor in a timely manner.
- Reviews part prints, procedures and work instructions to complete testing.
- Performing Quality Inspections, including MPI & PT methods, verifying that parts or materials meet specifications indicated.
- Sets up and performs non-destructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics: Positions parts between electrodes of magnetic testing equipment and activates switch to induce magnetic field that attracts and accumulates iron oxide particles at defective points.
- Coordinating with Quality Manager on all applicable issues. • Documenting report, and corrective/preventative actions. • Ensures that equipment operates correctly. • Ensures compliance to the process for the Control of Records and Document Control Process.
- Participation in problem solving activities, to mitigate the presence of defects identified.
Qualifications & Education
The ability to read and accurately interpret drawings/specifications.
The ability to use Quality Instruments, i.e. Weld gauges, micrometers, steel ruler, etc.
Qualified in accordance with ISO9712 for VT/MT/PT, minimum
- UK driving licence
- Valid passport
- Exposure of working within a Manufacturing/Engineering environment (ideally on sub assembly components for either - Aerospace, MOD, Motorsport, Oil & Gas or Nuclear)
- Driving Continuous Improvement/Lean manufacturing, NDE Experience
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.