Our client has a century of engineering excellence and innovation — ranging from concept design to prototype manufacture and full-scale production - of rapidly-deployable, modern bridging systems for use in military and disaster relief scenarios
Main purpose of job: To lead and Supervise manufacturing operations team to safely ensure the on-time delivery of finished products at correct quality and cost. To champion continuous improvement in all activities and areas of responsibility.
- To manage your team to deliver products on time, to cost and at levels of quality compliant with programme demands
- To ensure your team operate in accordance with the Company’s, Health Environmental and Safety policies, lead SHE activities in your area
- Follow the Quality System and Manufacturing Procedures.
- To maintain the competency, capability and capacity of the Machining Team to ensure delivery of programme requirements
- To manage, train and coach Machining Team.
- To follow SAP generated production plans and develop plans to maximise labour efficiency
- To manage local KPI’s analyse and establish improvement actions in line with business targets
- Manage consumable items within cost targets.
- Report on team performance to Manufacturing Manager
- Recruitment of staff, training and development. All employee relations activities.
- To lead / support problem solving activities as required
Qualifications & Education:
- Degree / HND in Manufacturing or Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Previous Manufacturing Supervisor experience
- Current driving licence
- IOSH / NEBOSH certificate
- Production Manufacturing experience in aerospace, automotive or similar mechanical engineering business Supervising a team of workers.
- Machine shop planning and supervisory experience
- Production planning and scheduling knowledge
- Leading and implementing Production Readiness Plans
- Machining programming experience
- Resource planning
- Management of risk and risk mitigation
- Project reporting including definition and collation of KPI's
- Knowledge of SAP
- Computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Word PowerPoint)
- Factory maintenance and PM planning
- Knowledge and understanding of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and basic use of SAP
- Safety in a Manufacturing environment
- Completion of employee performance reviews
Aptitude, Attributes, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Structured problem-solving skills
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Leadership by example and development of potential
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving solving abilities
- Ability to work and make decisions under pressure
- Time management skills, computer literacy, people person, ability to work as part of a team
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.