HGV Vehicle Inspector
£35,000 - £45,000
Our client is seeking an HGV vehicle inspector to start as soon as possible. 45hrs per week, Monday to Friday with overtime on offer daily and weekends. Core operational hours are between 0600 - 1700 with this particular position, hours being flexible.
Carrying out vehicle safety and Pre- MOT inspections as the core function, occasionally supporting the fleet workshop with any high priority VORs. You will be a meticulous individual who has excellent attention to detail and can follow simple processes correctly. The position requires excellent housekeeping of key compliance documentation and a good knowledge of DVSA and VOSA standards. The position will require a good working relationship with the workshop clerk/stores person to ensure all documentation is in line with company process.
- A qualification in a mechanical discipline.
- Experience working on light and heavy goods vehicles and trailers.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Understanding of MOT standards and legal compliance.
- Understanding of 6 weekly safety inspections and legal compliance to VOSA standards.
- Must be able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Understanding of categorisation of vehicle defects.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the workshop manager.
- HGV licence Class 2/1. – The company can supply training.
- IRTEC – The company can supply training.
Salary: Basic is 35K-40K. With overtime could exceed £55k+
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.