HGV Fitter / Technician
£29000.00 - £32000.00
Our client currently has a vacancy for a HGV Fitter / Technician to join their busy depot in Tipton.
- Maintenance and repair of vehicle chassis and cab to meet current legislation Health and Safety and VOSA requirements both in the workshop and on the roadside.
- Maintenance and repair of waste handling equipment, including electrical hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Carry out scheduled service and inspections to meet company operator’s licence commitments.
- Complete service and repair documentation and records in accordance with company requirements and standards.
- Overhaul of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and other workshop equipment.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping, both electronically and paper based.
- Assist the foreman with H&S issues to maintain OHSAS18001 standard already achieved, including reviewing risk assessments, COSHH, compliance database etc, along with the day-to-day operations of the workshop.
The core skills and experience required are:
- Appropriate technical qualifications.
- MOT preparation
- Vehicle computer Diagnostics
- HGV licence preferable but not essential, fully funded training can be provided for the right candidate
- Excellent understanding of vehicle maintenance requirements and procedures.
- Effective verbal and written skills coupled with strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Experience as a mechanic in a commercial vehicle environment.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible and proactive attitude
- Driven and positive
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks
In return you will get:
- A competitive rate of pay and benefits package
- 28 days holidays (incl bank holidays)
- Fully funded Training and opportunities for progression
- Pension Scheme
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.