HGV AND PLANT FITTER
£30,000 - £38,000
Our client is seeking HGV/Plant mechanics/fitters to start as soon as possible. 40hrs per week, Monday to Friday with overtime on offer for Saturday cover from 0600-1200. Operational hours are between 0600 - 1700 with the technicians/fitters on a rotation to cover the operation within their contracted hours.
Carrying out vehicle maintenance including servicing, inspections, defect repairs, MOT preparations and breakdowns as well as any other work requested by the Workshop Manager. You must be able to demonstrate good communication skills and be able to understand instructions given by the workshop manager. You will be a diligent individual who perseveres to deliver only quality output and strive to complete tasks right first time.
- A qualification in a mechanical discipline at Level 3.
- Experience working on HGV and/or Plant vehicles.
- Experience in the use of diagnostics equipment or the ability to learn.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Understanding of MOT standards and legal compliance.
- Understanding of 6 weekly service inspections and legal compliance to VOSA standards.
- Must be able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Must have own tools – Air tools, torque wrenches etc provided. If not able to provide own tools the company is willing to do so at cost price and a monthly agreed amount for deduction from salary.
- HGV licence Class 2/1
- Knowledge and experience of JCB plant equipment
- Experience with vehicle or plant electrical systems.
Additional Salary Information: For the right person the salary is negotiable beyond the range if interested in a shop floor foreman position
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.