£29120.00 - £31200.00
Our client has a vacancy available at their Birmingham depot for the role of Service Engineer.
• Carry out inspection, repair, service and maintenance of all Plant machinery and equipment for hire and resale by the Company.
• Ensuring that all machines are serviced and ready for use in a clean and safe working order.
• In the field Service Engineers are required to attend sites to carry out servicing and repairs of the Company’s Plant hire equipment; including delivery of machine attachments to sites.
• Ensure site safety/regulations are adhered to with regards to site briefings, inductions, signing in etc.
• In the workshop Service Engineers are required to carry out servicing and repairs of the Company’s Plant hire equipment within the Depot.
• Maintain a thorough machine history record in line with Company policies and procedures, using the appropriate computer or paper-based system.
• Maintaining accurate and up to date service and maintenance records for auditing, using the appropriate computer or paper-based system.
Essential: • Able to be flexible when competent to be available for nights and weekend shifts as well as on call when necessary • Able to work well as part of a team, Customer focused • Plant Engineering trained to minimum Level 3 NVQ • Knowledge of the Rail Industry with basic electrical, hydraulic and diesel fault finding experience preferred • Welding experience preferred • PTS qualified or willing to work towards gaining a PTS qualification
Please only apply if are happy with regular weekend on-call / on-site shifts with the possibility of midweek also.
Company van, fuel card, tablet and mobile phone for business use only.
23 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.