Health and Safety Advisor, Reading
£30,000 - £38,000
Our client, a well established and respected Health & Safety consultancy specialising in Construction Health & Safety for the Leisure and Retail sector is currently undergoing expansion.
They are looking for a Safety Adviser to join their team
The candidate will be provided with a good salary and company car with fuel card.
Safety Adviser responsibilities to include:
• Providing support and advice on all aspects of construction health and safety to Clients.
• Undertaking site safety inspections at various Client premises, (it may be necessary to complete site inspections both day and occasionally at night).
• Provide H&S advice and support to all members of the Clients’ construction team.
• When fulfilling the role of CDM Consultant, provide H&S advice and support to the Principal Designer, when requested complete Principal Designer’s duties on their behalf.
• Complete H&S competence appraisals of contractors and consultants on behalf of the Client.
• Review and advise on Construction Phase Plans and similar documentation submitted by Contractors.
• Using our CDM portals, review and advise on Small Works Construction Phase Plans submitted by Contractors.
• Investigate accidents and produce appropriate reports.
Minimum qualification NEBOSH Construction Certificate and desirable but not essential a Construction Qualification (Degree, Diploma, ETC); Construction Management/Trade/Professional Qualification
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
1. Sound understanding of construction health and safety issues and an in depth knowledge of Health and Safety legislation supported by formal qualifications.
2. Demonstrate experience of working in an advisory or consultancy capacity in Health & Safety.
3. Have a practical and hands-on approach to Health and Safety, possibly with a site-based background.
4. Have experience of construction in a management or professional role.
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.