Head of Quality & Process Improvement
£50,000 - £65,000
The HOQPI will provide leadership and co-ordination of operational quality and process improvements activities within the Company to ensure the objectives of the business stream are achieved and exceeded.
Define, grow and develop a skilled team of QA operatives and maximize the potential of people, process and technology to achieve the best-in-class efficiency and effectiveness for Quality across the business.
Main Purpose of Role:
- Continually striving for excellence by defining and embedding quality operating and process improvement capability throughout the organisation, via the definition, implementation, and ongoing assurance of an appropriate service quality framework.
- To support the business with targeted reviews of the customer journey identifying and mitigating all associate risks and opportunities for customer experience and journey improvements.
- Provide strategic advice to the organisation on improvement to make sound and evidence-based business decisions.
- Lead and implement initiatives to drive improvements in the standards of quality, process, and the culture of quality across the organisation.
- Ensuring the ethos of the ‘Be World Class’ methodology is always demonstrated.
- Leadership of the quality team, to ensure a consistent approach to delivery, whilst encouraging continuous improvement.
- To develop, embed and regularly review service delivery quality and provide assurance across the organisation.
- Manage liaison with External Auditors in relation to scrutiny obligations, including coordination and oversight of organisational improvement in response to External Audit reports and support the internal departments with their associated responsibilities.
- Adhere to the procedures of the department and ensure that due diligence is followed and is aligned with the SLA’s.
- Working with internal stakeholder across the organisation to identify, analyse and prioritise opportunities to improve the operational efficiency of the firm, and develop these projects into a joined up and continuous improvement plan
- Adherence to the Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures that all quality systems are managed and developed appropriately, compliant to TT’s requirements and fit for purpose.
- Complete monitoring and monthly reporting of key themes and recommendations for people, system and process development and improvement
- Ensures that the quality arrangements and product prerequisites are managed in a way that ensures they are appropriately organised, equipped and resourced to provide agreed customer services levels, corporate and customer requirements and operational goals.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams across the business to develop solutions to operational issues. This will include process analysis and streamlining, technology application and change management.
- Develops the business strategies and tactical plans to drive the business in achieving its financial objectives within the budgetary forecasts. This covers such areas as, Quality assurance, process improvements and control policies.
- Directs and controls the activities of the stability of the business functions to meet regulatory and corporate standards and ensure the stability program is maintained so that marketed product is compliant to registered specifications.
- Implements root cause analysis and other problem-solving techniques within the business across all areas of Quality and Development department.
- Drive and support ongoing improvements to services by providing accurate, timely business intelligence and information.
- Act as a Subject Matter expert on NCR’s & CC’s handling, advises the management team and develops the Training and Development for all employees.
- Manage the Qualified Persons team which provides expertise required to develop quality systems and enables product release and facilitates continuous improvement.
- Maintains personal expertise in UK, EU and other countries and regulatory regulations.
- Manages the introduction of new products from a Quality perspective in conjunction with the Sales, Development, Technical and Production Teams.
- Define, develop and implement a continuous improvement culture driving the delivery of improvements to the customer experience.
- Continually demonstrating a strategic leadership philosophy and who champions the use of Quality Service and Process Improvements to deliver effective service to both the customers and internal departments.
- Drive service quality standards and continuous improvement techniques across the organisation.
- Responsible for ensuring the development, management, prioritisation, communication, and delivery of TT’s Improvement framework, including all key components of the business strategic planning cycle (Medium to longer term budget plan, annual plan,
- monthly reporting, annual reporting).
- Manage key stakeholders to gain their trust and buy-in to the projects, from inception through to implementation
- Draw on the wider skills within the organisation to deliver effective change and drive continued improvement in efficiency of core operational processes and systems.
- Bring external experience and best practice thinking and methodologies and apply these to effect positive change.
- Build compelling arguments for business change through interpretation of financial and other data.
- Create effective change plans to embed the benefits of project deliverables.
- Coaching and developing levels to support commercial interactions and improve profitability of the business.
- Close working with Heads of Departments and Managers to support work with clients.
- Supporting proposals/bids for new work, providing insight and vision for future opportunities, working with a wide range of clients
- To take on any other responsibilities or tasks that is within your skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Host and mange external audits end to end requirements
How does your job affect the finances of the company? (if any? – i.e. budgets, sales)
- Responsible for producing business cases for improvement projects and delivering against them
- Quality of the product and services is a significant KPI of the organisation
- Represents the business in seminars, conferences with industry bodies and customer forums/groups
- Degree education in an appropriate discipline, or of degree calibre
- Experienced in Quality/Process Improvement focused role within the card production industry is highly desirable but not essential
- Proven people management/development experience
- Excellent levels of communication both internally and externally
- Working in line with the departmental targets /objectives
- High levels of production knowledge
- Initiative and drive to develop and grow the business
- Track record in delivering process improvement programmes
- Experience in the design and implementation of management systems certified to ISO accreditations
- Experience in dealing with a variety of stakeholders
- Influencing and change management skills
- Business process streamlining qualification or experience (lean, six sigma etc.)
- Strong IT skills, including process mapping / analysis tools (e.g., Visio)
- Strong facilitation skills, demonstrated through experience of running process business improvement workshops or similar
- Project management knowledge
- Operating at both strategic and operational levels: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management in a bespoke manufacturing environment: 3 years (Preferred)
- Quality management process: 3 years (Preferred)
- Change management processes: 1 year (Preferred)
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.