£25,000 - £27,000
Our Client is the UK rail industry’s leading work-winning and profile enhancement business, providing a vast range of rail business services and profile-raising opportunities for railway industry-related organisations and professionals. They are currently looking to add a Graphic Designer to their team.
About the role
They are looking for an experienced, imaginative, and talented individual with a creative mindset to join their growing team in a multi-faceted role.
As a graphic designer, you’ll produce materials for a range of platforms; from digital, video, and social, to print, packaging and POS. You’ll collaborate with their marketing team to make sure every piece of work stands out and achieves its goal.
You’ll work on creative campaigns for some of the largest and most respected rail businesses in the industry, as well as internal marketing collateral for a multitude of businesses under the company’s umbrella. This is a fast-paced role, and you’ll need to consistently deliver outstanding work to tight deadlines.
You’ll need to demonstrate excellent knowledge of the design process and have a strong portfolio of projects that showcase your natural flair and ability to think creatively to achieve campaign objectives. They’re looking for someone with strong experience in digital and print as you'll be responsible for delivering effective, aesthetic, on-brand, and on-strategy creative for a range of marketing collateral.
You’ll be confident in idea generation and bringing innovation into the design process. You need to be passionate about the work you’re delivering and have high standards when it comes to both quality and fulfilling a brief. The ideal candidate should be able to efficiently combine creativity, functionality, and technology to produce eye-catching and informative content that delights clients and fulfils their marketing objectives.
Previous experience working in a fast-paced creative environment and the ability to adapt to changing priorities is essential.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Taking ideas from concept to execution.
- Producing designs for websites, graphics, web logos, social media banners, campaigns, and email templates.
- Translating positioning, research, and marketing strategies into effective designs.
- Creating compelling, appropriate campaigns and designs from the brand guidelines.
- Working with the development team to ensure aesthetics are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards.
- Providing high quality brand execution across various media
- A diverse portfolio which demonstrates expertise and creative ability.
- Educated to degree level in digital design, graphic design, graphic communications or related field.
- Excellent design skills with proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects would be advantageous.
- Excellent understanding of digital design, print design and web design.
- Confidence to present and explain ideas to colleagues
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritising workload with efficiency
- Strong attention to detail
What’s on site
- Free parking
- Electric car charging stations
- Break out areas to take five and realign your thoughts
- A stocked beer / soft drinks fridge (available after 4pm on Fridays)
- A calendar of mini office events and benefits each month
- Company events
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Bachelor's (preferred)
- Graphic design: 3 years (required)