We have an exciting opportunity for a Fuels Operations Planner.
Our client are a leading fuels distribution company, specialising in the supply of high-quality fuels to domestic, commercial and corporate Customers.
Being owned by one of Brazil’s largest companies they benefit from being part of a corporate organisation with the agility of a medium sized business. They are fast-paced, people focused, driven by innovation and our customer relationships.
As a core member of the Operations team the Planner is central to all activities being completed by the business. The principal objective is the direct management of all routing operations for fuels Customers to ensure maximum synergies and efficiency of human and transport resources to exceed customer expectations while complying with all relevant legislation and safety practices.
The Operations Planner is also responsible for stock replenishment, oversight and management of inbound deliveries from the Group and third-party logistics companies and working with the commercial business managers to ensure that stock procurement decisions are taken considering market movements and are logistically efficient.
Communication with sales team members as well as coordinating our Drivers forms a critical element of the planning function and it is the Planner’s responsibility to ensure that the Group are able to adapt to all changes and situations that arise during the course of a working day.
The Operations Planner will work regionally alongside another Planner ensuring that all resources are routed efficiently across all Group areas.
Working hours are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with a weekly alternating start time of 08.30 – 17.30 and 09.30 – 18.30 with a 1-hour lunchbreak.
- Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that all bulk deliveries are made efficiently and on time to meet our customers’ needs through thoughtful flexible planning, best use of multiple supply points, accurate administration and successful time management. You will be expected to deputise for other colleagues in the team from time to time during their absence. You may be required to spend occasional days away from the office and should be prepared to travel to other locations if required.
- You will operate in co-ordination with other team members, and you will manage your time to effectively achieve your own KPIs, ensuring that you comply with all regulations pertaining to your role. With safety as the overall paramount consideration in your duties, you will undertake to allocate resources directly or supervise the following duties on a daily basis:
- Conduct review of vehicle and Driver availability and activity including vehicle downtime versus plan, Driver absence or leave, training or other contributory factors, reporting Fleet information to the Fleet Administrator and personnel information to the Sales Manager and Group Operations Manager.
- Conduct daily planning activity for Group based on additional inputs from the sales team including delivery volumes and special delivery requests using agreed communication methods and systems.
- Undertake pro-active management and adjustments to daily plans. Collect Driver work sheets and when situations have occurred such as reported dropped loads, missed deliveries etc. taking initiative to overcome vehicle delays and other factors that affect customer service.
- Record all actions and incidents affecting your plan challenging, understanding, administering and communicating changes to the sales team and GOM.
- You are responsible for managing daily wet stock administration and control. You will be required to provide tank delivery ullage so to achieve the best price whilst ensuring replenishment of sites to guarantee no interruption will be made to service levels.
- You will work with the Stock Controller to utilise data from On-board PCs, telematics and all other information systems utilised by the Operations team.
- You will undertake a number of tasks on a daily, weekly, monthly or periodic basis. These will include the gathering & processing of relevant health, safety, and risk assessments and other such actions which are required to maintain our Operators licence. You will be responsible for producing reports as deemed necessary by the GOM or other agencies in good time.
Experience and Attributes Needed
- Must be able to demonstrate skills and have experience needed to administrate transport operations, activities, and services with a good attention to detail
- A good knowledge of fuels industry & associated businesses would be beneficial. Planning multi drop / artic deliveries.
- Possess a valid UK Driving Licence
- Ideally possess suitable LGV, ADR & Driver CPC.
- Ideally hold a fleet management International CPC.
- IOSH managing safely (or similar) would be an advantage.
- Ability to confront performance issues is a must and be able to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to deal effectively with Customers and Colleagues.
- Proven ability to use IT based systems for working, able to operate Transport Delivery software or similar, MS Outlook/or similar to input and extract data
- Some experience of working within a customer services environment is desirable.
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.