Field Service Engineer
£28080.00 - £31590.00
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will be responsible for meeting the daily service maintenance and repair needs of Sweepers and MH equipment. Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers as well as performing necessary administrative duties as required.
Field Service Engineers are required to undertake the following duties and responsibilities in a safe, reliable and courteous manner:
- Basic troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and repair, measuring the performance of mechanical components, devices and engines and other company equipment and reporting verbally or in writing regarding their condition
- Fault diagnosis, repair and routine maintenance of MH, sweepers and other company equipment with minimal supervision, in a safe and economic manner, employing such skills and knowledge as are required at minimum cost to the company
- Agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications with clients and managers
- Ensuring that all routine maintenance or repair work is the subject of an accurate and timely written report including details of parts used and time taken on a work record card
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing assets to ensure they are safe, reliable and efficient
- Ensuring that all tools and equipment used during any such routine maintenance or repair work are maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition
- Managing repair parts and stock, ordering where necessary
- Operating a service van, where allocated, in strict accordance with the company vehicle policy and current road traffic legislation
Qualifications and Requirements
- Knowledge with mechanical engineering, electromechanical engineering, mechatronics or engineering manufacturing science and technology.
- Educated to a National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering level or equivalent
- Knowledge of engines, gearboxes, hydraulics, electrics and braking systems
- The ability to use, repair and maintain machines and tools
- A problem solver with analytical thinking
- This position is subject to the employee holding a full and valid Driving Licence
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.