Our Client engineer a digital future by designing, building, and supporting the worlds digital infrastructure, delivering successful outcomes for their customers and great careers for their people. They are currently recruiting for Fibre Surveyors.
As a Fibre Surveyor you are a part of a survey team working collectively and collaboratively to achieve the goals of the project under the guidance from your Survey Supervisor.
Predominantly site based – nationwide (UK) but tends to be regional depending on timing of work allocations and customer priorities. Overnight stays and travel to and from site is an integral part of the job.
Role and Responsibilities
The key responsibilities include:
- Adhere to Client specific procedures and specification.
- Carry out dynamic risk assessments on site prior to work commencing and report any visible hazards or defects from site by way of a “red flag” early warning system.
- Implement control measures as required to enable the survey to be completed in a safe manner
- Validate the project designs and note any issues or special engineering difficulties (SEDs)
- Accurately record all existing site information and propose the most practical & cost-effective solution based on client specification and any known constraints
- Act responsibly when attending any survey and protect the interests of both company and the Customer always
- Be professional, safety conscious and conscientious always both on and off site
- Liaise with all those involved on site at survey including local authority
- representatives, landowners, council officials and any other 3rd party
- Familiarise with data collection devices and methods using iPads or similar PDAs
- Liaise with and update the Survey Supervisors and 4site design team
- Mentor junior surveyors and new starters within project teams
- Assist with resolving any queries to enable design to progress as quickly as possible
- Comply with company policies/procedures without exception
- Adhere to mandatory Health & Safety legislation without exception
- Underground and overhead experience of Utility networks
- Underground; jointing, rodding/roping experience useful but not essential
- Overhead: experience of poling, providing connections to customers houses as well as maintaining and surveying existing poles and connections useful but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of trenching, ducting, cabling, poling, earthing etc.
- PC Literate (proficient in MS Office) with good reporting and communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a structured format
- Strong interpersonal skills in both oral and written communication
- 3 years + in a similar work environment role during FTTx network rollouts
- Essential qualifications:
- CSCS (CSR)
- NRSWA (SWQR) - Unit 1 (essential) Unit 2 (preferable)
- A8 & A9 BTOR accredited / SA001 & SA002 accredited (in date)
- Excellent written and spoken English required
- Full clean driving licence
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.