£35,000 to £43,000
Our Client engineer a digital future by designing, building, and supporting the worlds digital infrastructure, delivering successful outcomes for their customers and great careers for their people.
They are currently recruiting for a Fibre Planner for their expanding team in the UK. The role will ideally be based in either or Magor or Slough office. The candidate will be joining an already very experienced team of talented individuals with expertise across multiple engineering disciplines.
Fibre Planner Team Lead/Project Manager
Role and Responsibilities
The key responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Plan optical fibre paths and produce design packs, including Prelim Detailed Design (DD) Pack, DD Pack, SLD, Splice Sheets, BOMs & BOQs and Special Engineering Difficulty Planning
- Mentor graduate designers
- Provide design package support to other team members
- Data modelling, building GIS solutions
- Ensure client satisfaction at all stages
Experience and Qualifications
- Engineering degree with 3+ years post graduate experience in FTTX
- Network Planning experience is essential
- Proficient computer literacy skills in Microsoft applications
- Experience with network design packages (QGIS, ArcGIS, MapInfo, AutoCAD, etc)
- Analytical, detail oriented, high level of flexibility with willingness to learn/develop.
- Ability to integrate into existing team
- Strong administration/documentation skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a structure format
- Strong interpersonal skills in both oral and written communication
Excellent written and spoken English required
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.