Distribution Centre Manager
£72,000 - £79,000
As the Distribution Centre Manager, your job is to ensure the efficient and cost-effective management of the site which includes all warehousing and distribution operations, site facilities and associated activities in the depot. The achievement and maintenance of contractual customer KPIs and agreed operational KPIs. As a member of the Senior Operations Team to contribute to the strategic plans of the business and to support improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of the Logistics Network.
- Lead a Distribution Operation comprising 175 Warehouse Colleagues and 180 Drivers through the effective engagement of the management team and Operational Colleagues.
- Prepare, manage and control the revenue and capital budgets. Ensure that the most cost-effective methods of operations are used whilst achieving both customer service and operational KPIs
- Ensure that operation is adequately resourced to manage peaks in volume with sufficient flexibility to control costs in periods of low volume
- Maximise depot distribution capacity through implementing best operational practice.
- Development the management team to ensure that the company objectives can be met. Ensure that the Operation is managed in a way that complies with our Health, Safe and Legal policies
- Manage all 3rd party contracts used by the Operation to ensure they provide a high quality service in a cost effective manner and within budget.
- Engage effectively with the Unions and maintain good industrial relations through relationships with Union reps and through an effective JCC process.
- Manage the performance of individuals and teams by setting objectives, measuring progress and feeding back on performance outcomes.
- Monitor and meet all Key Performance Indicator (K.P.I.) targets.
- Work collaboratively with the other Distribution Centre Managers in Royton and Hoddesdon and the Head of Operations to maximise the effectiveness of the warehouse and distribution activities
Health and Safety Responsibility
General Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Work closely with the Head of SHEQ and the onsite SHEQ Manager
- Customer KPIs are met and exceeded
- Budget achieved in all the areas responsible for – including labour costs
- Team in place with skills, competencies, and experiences to deliver on objectives
- Key roles filled with effective high calibre individuals
- Employee and management process actively demonstrated e.g. completed PPR’s, development plans, absence management etc
- Effective communication structures and practices in place
- KPI results/costs
- Inventory results
The warehouse employs 185 Warehouse Colleagues, 190 Transport Colleagues and 40 Support Colleagues.
What’s in it for you?
Competitive Salary, Car Allowance, Pension, 26 days Holiday in addition to Public Holidays pro rata, Private Medical Care Scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme, and much more