Assistant Transport Manager
Our Client, a Plant Hire and Haulage company are looking to recruit an Assistant Transport Manager to support and assist the Transport Manager to supply an all-inclusive delivery product to the internal and external customer base. Whilst delivering a first-class service you will help manage the day-to-day operational movements of the Transport Fleet at depot level, working within the legal and compliance framework laid down by regulatory bodies and within company policies. You will assist the Transport manager to achieve full compliance at depot level.
- Effectively Plan and distribute work as required by the depot. Following instructions from the Transport Manager. Assist in, scheduling work for the following day in line with depot targets.
- Assist Effectively all movement orders for Plant machinery, ensuring movement orders are in place prior to delivery of the products that fall within STGO.
- Ensuring all vehicles are booked into our customers sites – where required.
- Manage the day-to-day compliance of the department alongside instructions as set out by the Transport Manager. Ensuring the Drivers follow EU/Domestics Hours regulations.
- Keep updated the Tacho analysis system with driver holidays / Sickness.
- Raise Order numbers for parts / labour to local suppliers, under authority from Logistics Manager, Depot Manager or Head of Transport.
- Assist the Transport Manager in the planning all vehicle inspections, or compliance events.
- Support the Transport Manager in effective Driver management.
- Manage the Daily Defect system for ALL Depot vehicles, ensuring all vehicles have completed their defects and any safety related defects – vehicles are repaired immediately.
- Ensure that the department administration is completed, checked, and filed as required
- Work with Compliance Team to improve driver behaviour and timely accident reporting to the Insurance department.
- Improve the standards across the transport department
- Ensure health and safety requirements are met across the department with improvement wherever possible.
- Identify and report potential department savings whenever possible.
- Supply Payroll with weekly timesheets for all drivers within your department
- Deputise for the Transport manager when required.
- Work with Head of Transport and Administrator to effectively manage tachograph and daily defect compliance.
- To recommend to the Depot Manager ways in which the company can improve profitability and operating effectiveness
- Ensure driver training and qualifications are maintained and kept up to date.
Manager CPC is desirable but not essential
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.