We have an exciting opportunity, due to our clients continued expansion, for Warehouse Team Managers to join the team in Bedford
As a Warehouse Team Manager, you will lead, manage and control your area of responsibility, in line with area specific KPI targets and time constraints. You will provide effective leadership, motivation, training and development to your team and will report to the Warehouse Shift Manager.
The key accountabilities of the role will include:
- Full responsibility for your department, ensuring all KPI targets are consistently achieved
- Driving maximum productivity and service to the stores
- Achieve and maintain pick accuracy levels
- Lead, motivate and challenge your team to deliver consistently high results
- Plan the training of colleagues and monitor their performance and progress
- Use space and MHE efficiently ensuring workplace health & safety requirements are met
- To ensure that relevant audits and workplace inspections are undertaken
- Work in collaboration with peers and superiors to maximize efficiencies and best practice
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivating leader, who has experience of successfully managing a warehouse/logistics team of 40+ colleagues in a large distribution centre.
In addition to the relevant experience you must also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good DC practice knowledge
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships at all levels
- Driven to deliver performance and results
- People focused, able to lead and motivate others
- Open minded and able to embrace and influence change
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Initiative and decisiveness
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
We have various shifts available, earlies, lates, evenings, days, weekends, Mon-Friday
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.