Field Service Engineer
• To conduct routine servicing maintenance work, breakdowns, repairs & retrofits, Support of other sites and small projects to support all UK and Eire sites
• To ensure that Company procedures and standards are followed and maintained
• To maintain good service and support to ensure customer satisfaction
• To follow-up and resolve issues which are highlighted through the support organisation
1) Planned preventive maintenance:
• Establish, manage and improve all aspects of regular, planned and routine maintenance at customer sites;
• Ensure agreed customer contracts and schedules are fulfilled to agreed Company technical standards while working to agreed Company health and safety standards
2) Breakdowns and Repairs:
• Establish, manage and improve all aspects of breakdown and repair and standby maintenance support at customer sites;
• Ensure that customers, with or without contract, receive the agreed level of service and support contract and cover (i.e. on-call and “shift” rotas, fast response, problem solving and diagnostic skills, escalation of problems as required, follow-through)
3) Small projects:
• Deliver small projects and upgrades
• Establish, manage and improve all aspects to delivery projects to agreed schedule and quality
• Ensure agreed scope and schedules are fulfilled to agreed Company technical standards while working to agreed Company health and safety standards
4) Administration and Deliverables:
• Using Navision and other project systems ensure deliverable and administration are produced and submitted in accordance with Company standards (i.e. risk assessments, method statements, site files, drawing updates, expenses, time sheets, holidays, sickness etc.)
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
• Electrical skills and qualifications
• 17th Edition
• PLC basic skills
• Computer skills – Word, Email, Excel
• Mechanical skills
• Attention to detail
• Reporting and administration
• Customer service skills
• Problem solving skills
• Effective time management
• Planning skills
• Health and safety knowledge and compliance
• Team working skills
Good office environment when based at the compnany offices or home.
Physically fit for Working at Height, Use of power tools, Some manual handling, Use of PPE, Some Cold Store working (-28’C), Some Night working.
Vans provides for extensive travel to visit sites. Travel across the UK and Eire, with some international travel. Overnight stays and work away from home for some days.
Take part in a weekly “on-call technician” rota, on about a 1 : 6 week basis
Must be able to travel regularly in the UK as well as abroad (Mainly Germany and Austria)
Extensive travelling in car/van
Visits to Customer Sites – PPE Provided
37.5 hours per week, 08:45 to 16:45 – 5 days but the job will require additional hours as and when escalation issues require them.
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.