Our client remains the leading supplier of modular space. They operate a network of around 40 depot locations where accommodation and storage units are prepared for rental, sale and refurbished
To inspect all units and their additional products that are going on hire so that the quality of the buildings we supply to customers are up to our client quality standard and customer requirement. To inspect units with their additional products at off-hire for damages, ensuring defects are documented. To assist in the preparation of a range of cabins prior to them going out on hire within the depot effectively.
• To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
• Inspection of units and their additional products against company standards and customer requirements before they go on hire.
• Ensure defects are corrected and documented prior to dispatch.
• Some working and inspecting at height.
• Continuously improving the quality of our products in line with client expectations.
• Continuously improving Quality Standard Documentation in accordance with customer requirements.
• Identify frequently recurring problems, undertake root cause analysis and work with the production team to understand how these causes can be prevented in future.
• Off-hire inspection of units for damages, ensuring defects are documented.
• Quality assessing units that are stored in the yard against a set of pre-defined criteria.
• Assembling and loading furniture into the cabins and removing on completion of hire.
• Supporting depot staff in getting units ready, which includes cleaning, and could include basic fitting activities subject to skill set.
• Supporting materials and logistics staff, which includes operating a power-pallet truck, replenishing materials in/out of materials storeroom.
Job experience & skills requirements
• Good general physical fitness.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Has a strong work ethic.
• Proactive and Positive attitude towards improving all aspects of the products and processes
• Able to provide feedback in a constructive manner
• Able to communicate at all levels
• Basic understanding of Health & Safety rules.
• Good mix of general maintenance skills
• CSCS Card holder would be an advantage
• Has proven experience and ability to work effectively with internal and/or external customers.
• Willingness to work outside at times.
• Previous relevant experience in quality inspection
• Relevant IT and administrative skills
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.