Transport Supervisor – Bicester
We are excited to be recruiting for a Transport Supervisor to join our client's team. We are looking for a dynamic and passionate individual to bring fresh leadership concepts to the team. We want the role to drive forward improvements in order to provide the best service possible to our customers, coupled with high levels of employee engagement. We need an individual who thrives on working within the best team and embracing new ways of working. This job is all about people skills, as it requires positive management of productivity and maintaining good levels of morale within our driver force.
You will most likely have tasted their food, as they distribute a number of well-known branded food, drink and non-food products.
This role is based out of our Bicester depot. At their depot they make over 1,500 deliveries to customers each week, they have a number of teams who work together to deliver service excellence to our customers every day.
- Managing the day to day running of a busy transport operation – dealing with internal and external customer requirements
- Managing an effective team and responsibilities for regular people activities
- Understand and implement transport legislation
- Reviewing and creating fit for purpose workforce levels aligned to business requirements
- Managing costs in accordance with budget
- Embedding realistic processes to robustly manage company assets
- Ambassador for Health & Safety including training, driver assessments and risk assessments
- Implementing learnings from audits
- Experience of routing/planning within a multi-drop environment
- Work with and monitor third party VMU
- Flexible approach to working pattern as the position will involve weekend working
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Ability to work autonomously and unsupervised
The role will be on a 5 out of 6 days working pattern (likelihood 1 in 4 Saturdays). Flexibility will be required within the Transport Supervisor role.
Pension, 25 days leave per year (plus public holidays), healthcare cash plan, personal accident insurance, employee discounts, free parking and much more.