To provide support to the production group for the installation and maintenance of Wafer Fab processing equipment in order to achieve departmental goals with respect to output, yield, cost and quality.
Key Responsibility Areas;
• Equipment engineering support for wafer fabrication and associated activities.
• Undertake equipment maintenance (preventative, predictive and breakdown) for Wafer Fab processing equipment.
• Instigate and apply improvements to impact output, yield, cost and quality.
• Support continuous improvement activities aimed at better equipment performance.
• Ensure all work is carried out paying proper attention to current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
• O.N.C. or equivalent in Electronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and working experience in a production environment
• H.N.C. in Electronic Engineering
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience;
• Ability to follow written specifications
• Ability to write maintenance specifications based on manufacturers recommendations
• Ability to understand technical diagrams
• Good mechanical and computer skills
• Electronic / electrical diagnostic skills
• Ability to express technical problems in written format
• Ability to perform intermediate / advanced corrective actions when machines deviate from specified limits
• Wafer Fabrication equipment experience.
• A focussed team player who can also work as an individual
• Problem solving ability
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Self-motivation with a positive attitude to work
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Experience of maintaining the following equipment would be a distinct advantage –
• Applied Endura Metal Dep
• Applied Centura Metal etch DPS
• Applied Centura Metal Etch MXP
• Applied P5000 MXP Oxide Etch
• Applied P5000 MXP Poly etch
• Trikon 201 etch
• Avisa FXP Etch
• Avisa I2L Etch
• Electrotech MS6200 Metal Dep
• Varian 3290 Metal Dep