Our client are one of the UK's leading generator hire companies with depots across England, Scotland and Wales.
They are recruiting for an experienced HGV Driver with ADR and/or HIAB to join the team. This is permanent role based on a 40hour week contract. Salary is depending on experience but will be between £10 and £12 per hour.
Purpose of role
- To deliver, collect and return Generators and Ancillaries to customer sites throughout the UK;
- To ensure a high quality of service to our customers;
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction.
MAIN DUTIES (brief description)
- Load and unload Vehicles.
- Operate forklift truck.
- Deliver Generators and ancillaries to site and collect Generators and ancillaries from site.
- Assist engineers on site.
- Refuelling Generators on site and in dept.
- Carry out general housekeeping to ensure work areas are tidy.
- Installation and dismantle of Generators on customer sites.
- Completion of daily vehicle inspections and reporting defects to transport department.
- Completion and submission of all company paperwork as per procedure.
- Safeguard all Company assets; nothing leaves the depot without correct paperwork. .
- Ensure company vehicle or occasional loan vehicle supplied, is kept clean and tidy at all times, serviced within manufacturer`s guideline, and ensure any defects are notified to correct parties and rectified in a timely manner.
- Promote teamwork and co-operation at all times, both within individual depots and right across the entire Generator Power Group of Companies.
- Treat all other employees and all our customers professionally and with respect.
- Always act in the best interests of any of the Generator Power Group of Companies, and not to carry out (or fail to carry out) any action that would bring the company into disrepute.
- Always work in a responsible manner to ensure safe working practices. Follow Health Safety Quality and Environmental guidelines provided by the company - currently ISO 9001:14001 and OHSAS 18001 procedures, including all future notifications.
- Proactively contribute to the company`s policy of continuous improvement.
- Carry out any reasonable ad-hoc duties requested by your direct Line Manager or the
- High school or equivalent.
- Clean Class 1 - 2 HGV (Essential)
- CPC full 35 hours of drivers Periodic training - until 09.09.2019 or later
- ADR or working towards it (All classes include tanks + other than tanks)
- Fork Lift Truck Licence
- HIAB /Lorry Loader Licence
- HGV Driving experience
Personal characteristics/Attributes required:
- Must be flexible as the job involves unsociable hours
- Good communication skills and the ability to connect naturally with people
- Work well on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to ensure the work gets done in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to follow Company policy and procedures.
- Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.